D8. You must be honest and trustworthy in your professional and personal financial dealings.
- You should charge fees responsibly and in a way which avoids bringing the profession into disrepute.
- It will help you avoid disputes about fees if you have clear and visible information available on patient fees and charging policies.
- You should not place pressure on a patient to commit to unjustified treatment.
- You may recommend products or services to patients only if, in your professional judgement, they will benefit the patient.
- You should declare to your patients any financial or other benefit you receive for introducing them to other professional or commercial organisations. You should not allow such an organisation to use your name for promotional purposes.
- You should maintain sound financial records for your practice.
This page reformats automatically when printed. Print this section