B2. You must recognise and work within the limits of your training and competence.
- You should use your professional judgement to assess whether you have the training, skills and competence to treat a patient.
- If not, you should consider:
- Seeking advice or assistance from an appropriate source to support your care for the patient.
- Working with other osteopaths and healthcare professionals to secure the most appropriate care for your patient.
- Referring the patient to another osteopath or appropriately qualified healthcare professional.
- Working within your competence also applies if you work within the fields of education and research.
This page reformats automatically when printed. Print this section