A5. Support patients in caring for themselves to improve and maintain their own health and wellbeing.
- Supporting patients in caring for themselves may include:
- advising them on the effects of their life choices and lifestyle on their health and wellbeing
- supporting them in making lifestyle changes where appropriate.
- encouraging and supporting them to seek help from others, including other health professionals, or those coordinating their care, if necessary
- respecting patients’ decisions about their care, even if you disagree with those decisions.
This page reformats automatically when printed. Print this section